IMPORTANT!! Kauaʻi County's Electronic Plan Review (ePlan) System is not certified to work with Windows 8 or Internet Explorer 10. These instructions are provided as a work-around, allowing ePlan to work with Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10 (32-bit) and are not certified by our ePlan Software Vendor, or supported by Kauaʻi County. Users choosing to interact with Kauaʻi County ePlan projects using Windows 8 and/or Internet Explorer (32-bit) are doing so with the understanding that we may not be able to assist you with difficulties you encounter and you do so at your own risk.
Step 1: Disable User Account Control (UAC).
IMPORTANT! User Account Control (UAC) must be turned off PRIOR to installing the ePlan Review Components. User Account Control may be turned back on after ePlan has been successfully run and allowed to install all ActiveX controls.
- Go to the Search Charm and type "Change User Account Settings":
- To disable it, lower the slider to "Never notify":
- Click on the "OK" button.
Step 2: Restart Your Computer. This is required to complete the disabling of UAC so it does not affect the installation of the components.
Step 3: Enable Compatibility View. The new Internet Explorer 10 requires Compatibility View to be enabled for ePlan to work properly.
- Open Internet Explorer from the Desktop and go to https://kaua-epr.aspgov.com/epr/.
- To enable Compatibility View, go to the Tools menu (if you don't see it, press the "Alt" key), then click on "Compatibility View".
Step 4: Disable Pop-up Blocking. ePlan Review utilizes pop-ups. If you have a pop-up blocker enabled (enabled by default on Internet Explorer), you will have to either disable the blocker or allow an exception for the ePlan Review site.
- To disable the pop-up blocker, go to the Tools menu (if you don't see it, press the "Alt" key), "Pop-up Blocker", and choose "Turn off Pop-up Blocker".
- Alternatively, you can keep the pop-up blocker enabled and allow an exception by:
- In Internet Explorer, go to the Tools menu (if you don't see it, press the "Alt" key) – "Pop-up Blocker" – "Pop-up Blocker Settings".
- In the "Address of website to allow" field, type in kaua-epr.aspgov.com then click "Add".
- Click the "Close" button in the lower-right corner.
- Note: Other toolbars in Internet Explorer, such as Google, Yahoo, etc. often have their own pop-up blockers as well. Those toolbars, if installed, will also need to have their pop-up blockers disabled or set to allow kaua-epr.aspgov.com for the site to work. Please refer to the help section of your toolbar for more information.
Step 5: Adjust Internet Explorer Security Settings. These settings must be changed to allow the required ePlan Active X controls to install.
- In Internet Explorer, go to the Tools menu (if you don't see it, press the "Alt" key) – "Internet Options" – Click the "Security" tab.
- Click on "Trusted Sites".
- Click on "Sites".
- Add kaua-epr.aspgov.com to the zone. Then, click on the "Close" button.
- Uncheck "Enable Protected Mode".
- Click on "Custom level..."
- Scroll down to “Active X Control Settings” and mirror the settings shown below.
- Reboot your computer.
Step 6: Install the components.
- Click the "Install Electronic Plan Review Components" link at the bottom of the ePlan Review login page.
- After the components are installed, log into ePlan. When viewing or uploading a drawing or document for the first time on your computer, you may be prompted with a pop-up, similar to the message below. Click "Install".
Step 7: Install Microsoft Silverlight. In order to upload files using ePlan, you must have Silverlight installed. It is recommended that you run the latest compatible version of Silverlight for best results. Please refer to the following link for compatibility and installation details:
Once you've completed these steps, your computer will be properly set up to use ePlan Review.
Continue to the ePlan Review login