The Kauai Fire Department does not recruit or announce any job openings. This is handled by the County of Kauai, Department of Personnel Services. Please follow this link to their site for more information.
Citizenship and Residence: You must be a citizen, permanent resident alien, or national of the United States, however, if you are a non-citizen with unlimited employment authorization from the U.S. Immigration & Naturalization Service, you may also apply. All persons seeking employment with the government of the State or in the service of any county shall also become residents of the State within thirty (30) days after beginning their employment and as a condition of eligibility for continued employment. You must provide evidence verifying your citizenship or alien registration status and employment authorization in the United States at the time of application.
- A combination of training and experience substantially equivalent to graduation from high school.
- Two years of general work experience.
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator's license (type 3).
- Applicant must be able to meet the health and physical condition standards of the position. Candidates should prepare themselves by remaining physically fit.
The examination consists of two phases:
- the written test
- the physical agility test
Applicants must qualify on both parts of the examination to have their names placed on th eligibility list. The written and agility test will be administered in the island of Kauai only.