The Fire/Rescue/HazMat/Medical Response Operations program provides fire protection and suppression, rescue (ocean and land), hazmat and emergency medical services (basic life support.) It conducts commercial, hotel, and industrial pre-fire planning. Pre-fire planning consists of building inspections to determine the building's construction material, contents (people as well as material that determine “fuel load”,) entrances and availability of fire protection equipment on property. Seven fire stations are located in Hanalei, Kapaa, Lihue, Koloa, Kalaheo, Hanapepe, and Waimea.
- To reduce the amount of property loss to fires and minimize its damaging effects.
- To arrive at the scene of an incident in a safe and timely manner.
- Provide the first response to all medical emergencies.
- Provide quick and professional response to rescue and hazmat incidences.
- To continue to partner with the public and expand on community service projects.
- To use the incident command management system on all emergency calls.