Life's Choice Kauai offers effective substance abuse prevention strategies, education, and programs that are school and community based, including:
- Coordinated activities for Drug Free Hawaii Month (February)
- Town Hall Meetings and activities for National Alcohol Awareness Month (April)
- A resource center online and in our office at the Moʻikeha Building at 4444 Rice Street, Suite 150 Lihue, HI 96766.
- Community trainings
- Ongoing community needs assessment
- School and community presentations - Please contact our office at 241-4925 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request a presentation.
- Funding to local community programs –
- Technical assistance to subcontractors - Technical Assistance is education provided to our subcontractors to address an identified need. For example, if our subcontractors are implementing an evidence based program or strategy that needs baseline and exit surveys for collection of data, then our data expert provides training and technical assistance until the identified need is met.
- Communities Mobilizing for Change on Alcohol (CMCA) Activities - CMCA is a nationally recognized model program that utilizes successful community-organizing and environmental prevention strategies to reduce youth access to alcohol. CMCA employs a range of strategies that lead to changes in community policies and practices—including addressing legal, institutional, social, and health issues and altering norms and practices related to underage drinking. Our CMCA efforts on Kauai are led by youth.