Bookmark This Page: http://www.kauai.gov/OED
The Office of Economic Development (OED) is provided by law (c.20, HRS; Sec. 2-15. R.C.O.1976)
The Office of Economic Development works, in partnership with the community, to create economic opportunities towards the
development of a healthy, stable and balanced economy for the residents of the County of Kauai.
The Office of Economic Development (OED), as a government entity, interfaces with business and community leaders as well as other
government programs to enhance Kauai's economic development activities. OED is responsible to provide technical and financial
support, as feasible, for both large and small business establishments or existing and emerging new industries which offer full
employment for Kauai's residents.
The Office of Economic Development Departmental Goals are as follows:
- Foster and strengthen a well-qualified labor force consistent with local industry direction and workforce needs.
- Expand and strengthen well-balanced visitor industry promotions and businesses aligned with enhancing island-wide product development projects.
- Increase support and collaboration to ensure the continual growth and expansion of Kauai's agricultural project.
- Increase advocacy and coordination efforts for energy efficiency projects, energy emergency preparedness programs, and increase use of renewable resources.
- Increase high level film location productions and expand business development efforts to secure a major film studio complex on Kauai.
- Improve the facilitation of coordinated research, market analysis, and compilation of local industry/community-related data and statistics to support business and community development.