The Puhi Metals Recycling Facility is operated by Resource Recovery
Solutions. The mission of the Puhi Metals Recycling Facility is to accept and
recycle abandoned, untaxed, derelict and junked motor vehicles, white goods,
scrap metal, and other smaller motorized goods such as scooters, lawnmowers, and
motorcycles from the County, the general public and commercial
Businesses that are interested in having their white goods or ewaste hauled for a fee, contact Puhi Metals at 245-6919.
Services provided by the Puhi Metals Recycling Facility
are FREE to residential users.
Commercial recycling fees will apply beginning May, 15 2017.
Estimated Price List
These fees are estimates and final price will be determined by site manager. Please call ahead for loads larger than a flatbed.
Puhi Metals Facility is operated by: Resource Recovery Solutions
Located at 3951 Puhi Road in Lihue
Open Monday - Saturday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Goods Accepted at Puhi Metals Recycling
- Abandoned, untaxed, derelict and junked motor vehicles (with
Junking Affidavit from Department of Motor
- White goods (Appliances)
- Scrap metal
- Lead-acid Auto/Vehicle batteries
- Tires if on vehicle
- De-pressurized propane, oxygen tanks, and fire extinguishers (empty)*
- Other smaller motorized goods (scooters, lawnmowers, and motorcycles)
- eWaste- see our eWaste page at http://www.kauai.gov/ewaste
*Valves must be removed. Charges may apply if valves not removed. Please contact Puhi Metals for more information.
Please remove batteries from BBQ grills with electronic igniters before disposal. Please see your owners manual or call the manufacturer for information.
Partially full tanks must be emptied and devalved before drop off.
White goods must be segregated into two categories:
Type 1 - containing no
refrigerant (i.e. water heaters, clothes washers and dryers, stoves and ranges),
Type 2 - containing refrigerant/freon (i.e. refrigerators, freezers or air
Puhi Metals does not accept-
- Loose tires
- Plastic (material must be 50% metal to be accepted)
- Smoke Detectors
- Light Bulbs
- X-ray Equipment (ask to speak with management)
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Cracked/Broken CRT Screens
- Loose battery backup lead acid batteries