Charter Review Commission
The Charter Review Commission studies and reviews the operation of the County government. The commission may propose amendments or a new charter to the voters at any general or special election which it deems necessary or desirable.
The Commission consists of seven at-large members appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the County Council to staggered three year terms. The Charter Review Commission sunsets on December 31, 2016.
At the November 8, 2016 General Election, the voters of the County of Kauai voted to establish a permanent Charter Review Commission. (Article XXIV, Section 24.03, Kauai County Charter)
For more information about the duties and responsibilities of the Charter Review Commission, please refer to Article XXIV, Section 24.03. Kauai County Charter.
For more information about Charter Amendments, please refer to Article XXIV, Section 24.01. Kauai County Charter.
Meeting Time/Location: 3:00pm, 4444 Rice St., Pi`ikoi Building, Ste. 300, Lihue, HI 96766, 4th Monday of each month
For more information on upcoming meetings, please refer to the calendar on the Boards and Commissions home page.
- Bronson Bautista - Chair
- Coty Trugillo - Vice Chair
- Jaclyn Kaina
- Reid Kawane
- Lori Koga
- Marissa Sandblom
Browse & search archived Charter Review Commission documents, including agendas, meeting minutes, and more
Archived Charter Amendments and more
- Charter Amendments 1972 - 2004 results of votes cast(PDF, 4MB)
- Ballot language and Certification – 1972 - 2004(PDF, 681KB)
- 2002 Amendment Charter Sec 19.15 and KCC Art 14(PDF, 71KB)
- Charter Review Commission Reports 1974-1984-1996(PDF, 3MB)
- 1984 Charter Commission Record(PDF, 6MB)
- 2006 Kahalekai v Doi Westlaw Document(PDF, 1MB)
- 2003 Maui Charter(PDF, 482KB)
- Charter Commission – big island(PDF, 117KB)
- Hawaii County Charter Revision History(PDF, 9KB)
- Hawaii County Charter – Table of Contents(PDF, 11KB)
- Hawaii County Clerk – Foreword to Charter(PDF, 82KB)
- History of Hawaii County Charter Commissions(PDF, 8KB)
- Charter Provisions Affected by 2000 Charter Amendments(PDF, 7KB)
- 07-16-98 Legal Opinion – County Attny – Blank votes(PDF, 192KB)
- Charter Comm Proposed Rules(PDF, 38KB)
- Actual Charter Amendments from previous Salary and Districting(PDF, 332KB)
- Bp831(PDF, 1MB)
- BOE Proposals to CRC(PDF, 32KB)
- Carol Bain full presentation(PDF, 973KB)
- CC Proposed Amendments prepared by Curtis(PDF, 190KB)
- INIITIATIVE Petition No 344 State Question No 630 Westlaw Document(PDF, 50KB)
- Initiative Petition No 344, State Question No 630Weslaw Document(PDF, 33KB)
- Kauai County Board of Ethics – Rules and Regulations(PDF, 467KB)
- Water Department Rules(PDF, 2MB)
The documents on this webpage are being provided as a courtesy and a public service by the County of Kauaʻi. Users should confirm the accuracy with the official copy available at the Office of Boards and Commissions. While the County of Kauaʻi will strive to keep the information accurate and up-to-date, those people needing an official, accurate and up-to-date copy of documents on this webpage should obtain a hard copy from the Office of Boards and Commissions.
Charter Review Commission
c/o Office of Boards & Commissions
4444 Rice Street, Suite 300
Lihue, HI 96766
Phone: (808) 241-4917