- Administrative support and oversight of the eight weekly Kauaʻi Sunshine Farmers’ Markets
- Various development programs assisted: establishment and refurbishing of the Tropical Fruit Disinfestation Facility- with the Kauaʻi County Farm Bureau, University of Hawaii at Mānoa and Agriculture Development Corporation.
- East Kauaʻi Water Users' Cooperative- a cooperatively managed remnant of the former Līhuʻe Plantation Co. irrigation system in the Kalepa/Wailua area
- Exploration of possibilities for a range fed beef program on Kaua’i and improvement of logistics for joint cattle export shipping- with Kaua’i Cattlemen’s Association
- Acquisition of tropical flower cultivars and support for direct consumer marketing via the internet.- with Hawaii Tropical Flower and Foliage Association, Kaua’i Chapter
- Mayor’s initiative program: Kauaʻi label of origin, improved “deluxe” Sunshine Market
- Kaua’i Agriculture Advisory Committee- a nine member Mayor’s advisory group made up of appointed members who have distinguished themselves in various agricultural endeavors. This group provides advice and assistance to the department in the formulation and conduct of agricultural programs.
- Participation in and support for a variety of agricultural events organized by other agencies such as Kaua’i County Farm Bureau Fair, Kaua’i Garden Fair, Agricultural and Environmental Awareness Day and others.
- The Specialist maintains memberships and participates in meetings of a variety of state-wide organizations such as the Hawaii Farm Bureau Federation, Hawaii Forest Industry Association, Hawaii Tropical Fruit Growers, Hawaii Papaya Industry Association and has served as a director of the Hawaii Papaya Administrative Association.
As required by law, grants are developed with non-profits from agricultural industry sectors such as: Hawaii Tropical Flower and Foliage Association, Kaua’i Chapter, Kaua’i County Farm Bureau, Kaua’i Cattlemen’s Association, Garden Island Research, Conservation and Development, Inc., Hawaii Aquaculture Development Association, and others. Agricultural grants are not available for individual businesses and farmers.