If your license plates or emblem are lost, mutilated or stolen, you must get a replacement. They are available at our Lihue office or by mailing to the Treasury Division, Motor Vehicle Registration, 4444 Rice St., Ste 466, Lihue, Hawaii 96766-1340.
To obtain a replacement, you must:
- Complete Form MVR 1, which must be signed by the vehicle's registered owner.
- Submit the current Certificate of Registration.
- Return the remaining plate (if it is available).
- Submit a current Hawaii Vehicle Inspection Certificate
- Submit the payment of fees.
- Report the loss or theft to the Lihue Police Department.
For more information, call the Motor Vehicle Registration office at 241-4256.
(As of 09/22/09)