Life's Choices FAQs


Where can I get help for someone who is using drugs or alcohol?

Click here for a full list of resources. Our office also has resource material for different social service agencies. Feel free to drop by anytime. To ensure that we are available to assist you when you come in, please call (241-4925) or email us ( to let us know when you are planning to visit us.

We also provide referrals to agencies that are licensed and credentialed in the substance abuse field, and that are monitored and funded by the State of Hawaiʻi, Department of Health, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division.

Are there effective residential treatment programs for drug addiction here on Kauaʻi?

There is no residential youth or adult treatment center on Kaua‘i, but we have effective outpatient treatment programs in our schools and communities for both youth and adults. Click here for a list of these programs.

I am vacation on Kauaʻi. Can I get 12 step meeting information from your office?

Yes. Here are the links to meeting schedules:

Alcoholics Anonymous
Narcotics Anonymous
Al-Anon, and Alateen

Where can someone who is pregnant and using drugs get help?

A full range of substance abuse services for pregnant and parenting women are offered by:

Child & Family Service’s E Ala Hou Program - Offers essential support to enable pregnant and parenting adult and adolescent women to participate in treatment services appropriate to their level of care. All services are free and confidential. They can be reached at 808-240-2840 and are located 2970 Kele Street, Suite 203, Līhuʻe, HI 96766.

Women in Need - Provides programs and services for pregnant women who are using drugs and alcohol. They can be reached 808-245-1996 or email

Please visit our Pregnant and Using Resource Page for all other help you may need.

Do you have any type of funding available for youth programs?

Yes, we have grants available to support youth programs. Please call (241-4925) or email ( for more information on funding opportunities.

Are there any parenting programs you can refer me to?

Yes, contact Parenting Central at 821-6972 ext 116. You may also call any public school Parent Community Networking Center for parenting programs available at that school.

Would your office staff be able to do a drug presentation at our school?

Yes, we would be more than happy to do a presentation at your school. Please contact our office at 241-4925 or to request a presentation.

What is the maximum capacity of a clean and sober home which uses a single-family residence on a property zoned residential?

The planning ordinance states that up to five unrelated individuals can reside in a single-family residence.

How can I get involved?

Please call us at 241-4925 or email