The Salary Commission reviews and establishes the maximum salary of all elected officials and officers of the County and adopts policies governing the salary setting decisions.
The Salary Commission consists of seven at-large members appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by Council to staggered three year terms.
For more information about the duties and responsibilities of the Salary Commission, please refer to Article XXIX, Section 29.01. Kauai County Charter.
Meeting Time/Location: Meet as needed
For more information on upcoming meetings, please refer to the calendar on the Boards and Commissions home page.
- Vacant, Chair
- Vacant, Vice Chair
- Patrick Ono
- Trinette Kaui
- Kenneth Rainforth
Browse & search archived Salary Commission documents, including agendas, meeting minutes, and more
Archived Resolutions, Reports and more
- Salary Resolution 2020-2 Passed(PDF, 81KB)
- Salary Resolution 2020-1 Rejected in its entirety(PDF, 44KB)
- Salary Resolution 2019-1 (Passed)(PDF, 78KB)
- Salary Resolution 2017-2 (Passed)(PDF, 99KB)
- Salary Resolution 2017-1 (Passed)(PDF, 81KB)
- Salary Resolution 2016-2 (Passed)(PDF, 87KB)
- Salary Resolution 2013-2 (Passed)(PDF, 176KB)
- Salary Resolution 2013-1 (Passed)(PDF, 192KB)
- Salary Resolution 2012-3 (Passed)(PDF, 56KB)
- Salary Resolution 2012-2 (Passed)(PDF, 56KB)
- Salary Resolution 2012-1 (Passed)(PDF, 360KB)
- Salary Resolution 2011-1 (August 5, 2011 - Passed)(PDF, 353KB)
- Amendment to Salary Commission Report & Resolution (June 08, 2007)(PDF, 3MB)
- Salary Commission Report (April 18, 2007)(PDF, 5MB) (PDF, 713KB)
- Salary Commission Resolution (April 18, 2007)(PDF, 713KB)
- Salary Commission Preliminary Report (March 15, 2007)(PDF, 2MB)
The documents on this webpage are being provided as a courtesy and a public service by the County of Kauaʻi. Users should confirm the accuracy with the official copy available at the Office of Boards and Commissions. While the County of Kauaʻi will strive to keep the information accurate and up-to-date, those people needing an official, accurate and up-to-date copy of documents on this webpage should obtain a hard copy from the Office of Boards and Commissions.
c/o Office of Boards & Commissions
4444 Rice Street, Suite 300
Lihue, HI 96766
Phone: (808) 241-4920