PROMOTING AND ENHANCING THE QUALITY OF LIFE FOR THE RESIDENTS OF OUR ISLAND HOME KAUAʻI...
- To develop, improve and maintain quality recreational facilities.
- To coordinate, implement and maintain/monitor beautification and safety of County property.
Subscribe to Receive Updates
Click here to subscribe and receive Parks and Recreation updates.
Duties and Functions
The responsibilities of the Division of Park Maintenance are:
- To coordinate, implement and maintain/monitor beautification of County property.
- To set policies, rules and regulations and administer to the needs of the public.
- To operate and maintain County facilities which include tennis/basketball courts, athletic fields, parks and playgrounds, stadiums, pavilions, neighborhood centers, public cemeteries and the beautification areas.
IMPORTANT NOTICES FOR PARKS AND RECREATION
Tuesday, October 3, 2023
Limited play available at Wailua Golf Course Oct. 9 to Oct. 13
Limited play is necessary to allow the Hawai‘i Department of Agriculture to spray coconut trees for the Coconut rhinoceros beetle (CRB).
The schedule next week is as follows:
- Oct. 9, front nine holes are available until 10 a.m., with only back nine holes available for the remainder of the day;
- Oct. 10, back nine available, with front nine closed for the day;
- Oct. 11, back nine available, with front nine closed for the day;
- Oct. 12, front nine available, with back nine closed for the day; and
- Oct. 13, front nine available, with back nine closed for the day.
For questions regarding golf tee times, please contact the Wailua Golf Course at 808-241-6666.
Reports of possible CRB infestation may be addressed to the CRB Response Team at 808-679-5244 or email email@example.com or the State's toll-free Pest Hotline at 808-643-PEST (7378). For more information, please contact the Hawai‘i Department of Agriculture at 808-973-9560, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.crbhawaii.org.
Thursday, March 3, 2022
Amusement Equipment at Select County Pavilions
Officials are allowing the use of amusement equipment at the larger pavilions. All equipment must be provided and managed by a vendor who is permitted through DOPR. Vendors must be approved at least 15 days prior to the event. Further requirements for amusement equipment are detailed on the permit application that can be found on the Commercial Activity webpage.
The "larger pavilions" are:
- Hanamā‘ulu Beach Park
- Lydgate (Large)
- Po‘ipū Beach Park (Main)
- Salt Pond #1 (Main) - dry inflatables only, no waterslides
- Wailua Houselots
Friday, February 14, 2020
Rules & Regulations Governing Commercial Boating Activities at County Beach Parks
The Department of Parks and Recreation has decided to adopt the Rules and Regulations Governing Commercial Boating Activities at County Beach Parks(PDF, 285KB) as amended.
Kaua‘i Parks & Recreation Master Plans Update
* The Department of Parks and Recreation has a limited amount of grant funds available annually for community non-profit groups. These funds may be used to promote park and recreational activities.
Please call our main line at (808) 241-4460 or email email@example.com for more information. Mahalo!
Herbicide Spraying Schedule
Herbicide treatments are scheduled as needed.
Notification will be posted 24 hours prior to application.
Kauai State Parks