The list below provides a summary of recent announcements that have been posted to the various website pages located under the Government menu. You may follow these links to their originating pages in order to review the announcement in more detail along with any document links that may be associated with the selected announcement.
Loose rubbish not accepted in Kapaa on Friday 10/2/20
Due to repairs that are being conducted on the chute for the Kapaa Refuse Transfer Station only bagged rubbish will be accepted on Friday, October 2.
Repairs should take only a day with normal service resuming on Saturday, October 3.
Loose rubbish can be brought to the Lihue Refuse Transfer Station for Disposal.
Rent Relief and Housing Assistance for Kaua‘i Residents
The State of Hawai‘i’s Rent Relief and Housing Assistance Program provides assistance to Hawai‘i renters and homeowners who have experienced a reduction in income due to the disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and are at risk of eviction or foreclosure. Funded by the Federal CARES Act, the program is administered on Kaua‘i by Catholic Charities Hawai‘i.
Applications for rental assistance will be accepted for housing payments due between August 1, 2020 and December 15, 2020. Kaua‘i residents may be eligible for mortgage assistance for amounts owed since April of 2020.
Affected Kaua‘i residents seeking assistance can contact Catholic Charities Hawai‘i’s Lihu‘e office at (808) 241-4673 to see if they qualify. CCH staff will provide those inquiring with information on the application process and required documentation. You may also apply for assistance online.
For more information or to apply on line please visit: https://www.catholiccharitieshawaii.org/housinghelp/
2020 10-05 FC Agenda
Fire Commission Meeting
10/06/20 Agenda Packet
Civil Service Commission Meeting
Contract 213200 - Alzheimer's Association
Notice of Award
Planning Dept. Front Counter Renovations
From Monday, September 28, 2020 to Monday, October 12, 2020, the Planning Department’s front counter at the Kapule Building in the Līhu‘e Civic Center will be closed while the area undergoes construction. During this period, services will be held remotely and by appointment only. Therefore, the “Planning Dept. COVID-19 Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) – dated May 27, 2020” have been temporarily amended as follows:
- All applicants and members of the public must contact the Department at email@example.com or at 241-4050 to submit any zoning inquiries, including but not limited to zoning permit submittals, zoning determination requests, and zoning violation complaints.
- A representative from the Department will return any phone or email message Monday through Thursday within 24 hours of receipt.
- All payments to the Planning Department, including but not limited to zoning applications, enforcement actions, and permit fees shall be:
- Mailed to “Planning Department, Kapule Building, 4444 Rice Street, Suite A473, Līhu‘e, Hawai‘i, 96766; or,
- Submitted through the mail slot located outside of Real Property Tax Assessment Office, on the right-hand side of the Kapule Building.
Any payments that are submitted to the Planning Department shall be in an envelope clearly marked “Planning Department”, and it shall have the respective zoning application number and/or Tax Map Key.
- From Monday, September 28, 2020 to Monday, October 12, 2020, the Planning Department’s front counter at the Kapule Building in the Līhu‘e Civic Center will be CLOSED. During this period, services will be held remotely and by appointment only. All remote appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance by visiting the Planning Department’s appointment system at: https://planningdepartment.setmore.com.
Kapaa green waste
Kapaa green waste has reopened for the day.
2020_0810_BOE Minutes Approved
Contract 213197 - Orbis Corporation
Notice of Award
2020 09-17 LC Minutes
Liquor Commission Darft Minutes
2020 10-01 LC Agenda
Liquor Commission Meeting
10/02/2020 Agenda Packet
Board of Revewi Meeting
RFP P-0219 Intelligent Transit System
Notice of Award