The Department of Parks & Recreation provides quality recreational and leisure time experiences for residents and visitors of the County of Kauai.
Camping Permits are issued for the following County beach parks:
- Haena Park (closed every Monday from 10 am to 12 noon on Tuesday for maintenance)
- Hanalei Blackpot Park (Open Friday & Saturday only, closed Sunday thru Thursday)
- Anini Beach Park (closed every Tuesday from 10 am to 12 noon on Wednesday for maintenance)
- Anahola Beach Park (closed every Thursday from 10 am to 12 noon on Friday for maintenance)
- Hanamaulu Beach Park :THIS PARK IS CLOSED FOR CAMPING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, IT IS OPEN FOR DAY USE ONLY FROM 6:00AM TO 10:00PM DAILY. GATES ARE LOCKED FROM 10:00PM TO 6:00AM DAILY.
- Salt Pond Park (closed every Tuesday from 10 am to 12 noon Wednesday for maintenance)
- Lucy Wright Park (closed every Monday from 10 am to 12 noon Tuesday for maintenance)
- Lydgate Park Camp Ground (closed every Tuesday from 10 am to 12 noon Thursday for maintenance)
Camping permit fees are $3.00 per adult, per night for non-residents and free for residents of the State of Hawaii who can show proof of residency that they have lived in the State of Hawaii for a minimum of two hundred (200) consecutive days. Children 17 years of age and younger are also free and must camp with at least one adult 18 years of age or older. Please download application form and instruction sheet below. DO NOT MAIL IN CASH!
Camping permit fees for the Lydgate Camp Ground:
- 10'x10' & 20'x20' camp sites:
- State of Hawaii Residents:
- 10'x10', 20'x20' & ADA Accessible camp sites: $25.00 per night
- 10'x10' camp site holds up to 5 campers
- 20'x20' camp site holds up to 10 campers (includes ADA sites)
- Group camping area: $150.00 per night (for 20 or more campers, up to a maximum of 200 campers, includes exclusive use of camp ground pavilion)
Lydgate Camp Ground has assigned camp sites. Camping permits for the Lydgate Camp Ground are available at the Main Permit Counter located in Lihue only up to Friday, January 30, 2015. No permits are issued at the camp ground. Please download Lydgate camping application form and instruction sheet below. DO NOT MAIL IN CASH!
|PLEASE CHECK CAMPING INFORMATION PAGE FOR UPDATED PERMITTING LOCATIONS AND HOURS
|DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION
PARK PERMITS SECTION
4444 RICE STREET, SUITE 105, MO`IKEHA BUILDING
LIHU`E, KAUAI, HAWAI`I, 96766
| Email: email@example.com
Phone: 808-241-4458, Fax: 808-241-5126