Taxicab Operator's Permit
Applicants must schedule an appointment, at www.kauai.gov/driverslicense “Get inline Online” click on Driver License, then click on “Others” for TAXI.
Required documents include:
- Hawaii driver’s license
- Two passport photos (2” x 2” colored photo taken within 30 days)
- Letter from taxicab employer (signed letter valid for thirty (30) days)
- Criminal Abstract (Kauai Police Department)
- Renewals: all above requirements and expiring Taxi Driver’s Permits
- Driver's licenses must be clear of any violations and or suspensions.
A required fifty (50) question test will be administered. A maximum of ten (10) errors allowed to pass. The Taxi Driver’s Permit are valid for one (1) year.
Taxicab Vehicle Inspections
To schedule a taxicab vehicle inspection appointment, please call 808-241-4242 ask for Mike, Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.