Returning leagues have priority for their same dates and locations in an upcoming year. All leagues (new & returning) must apply for a permit before posted deadline.
For field and outdoor court reservations, all leagues and teams/clubs applying for a permit will be required to submit an application which can be found below.
In accordance with the Department’s Administrative Rules, leagues will receive priority for adhering to the seasonal application deadline.
Fall Season (August 1-December 31) – First 10 Business Days of June
Winter/Spring Season (January 1-April 15) – First 10 Business Days of November
Summer Season (April 16-July 31) – First 10 Business Days of February
Any applications received outside of this window must be submitted and considered complete no later than 30 days before the first event (e.g., practice).
As organized team sports are currently open on Kaua‘i, the County of Kaua‘i's Department of Parks and Recreation will now be requiring all applicants to submit a COVID-19 health and safety plan proposal as part of the permit application process.
Leagues must submit a new application to obtain a permit for each individual scheduled season. Applicants are asked to submit their permit applications through the webportal below.
Regardless, parks are still open to the public for use without a permit. However, all safety precautions must be adhered to without a league/club permit:
- No groups of more than 25;
- All members social distance;
- Wash hands as frequently as possible; and
- No congregating before or after.
Step 1: Complete the Application through the portal below. If any sections are left blank or incomplete, your application will not be accepted. You should have ready:
- League contact information (name, address, phone number, email);
- Season information (first & last day of season); and
- List of field(s) being requested.
Step 2: You will also need to attach:
- Current Certificate of Insurance;
- Field schematics (diagrams showing size and layouts of lining); and
- COVID Safety Plan.
Step 3: Staff will then contact the league representative through the portal to follow up with questions or next steps.
Game schedules are due through the portal 30 days before the first game.
All communication will be through the portal.
Applicants are responsible for being familiar with:
- the Rules and Regulations on the Use of Sports Fields/Stadium Facilities and Playgrounds; and
- the Insurance Requirements for Sports Leagues & Special Events on County Facilities.