DUE TO THE PUBLIC HEALTH CONCERNS REGARDING NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19), ALL COUNTY OF KAUAI CAMPGROUNDS ARE CLOSED. ALL CAMPING PERMITS ARE CANCELED THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2020. PERMITS WILL NOT BE ISSUED FOR ANY COUNTY CAMPGROUND UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
The Department of Parks & Recreation provides quality recreational and leisure time experiences for residents and visitors of the County of Kauai.
Camping Permits are issued for the following County beach parks:
- Haena Beach Park (CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO STORM DAMAGE)
- Hanalei Blackpot Park (CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO STORM DAMAGE)
- Anini Beach Park (closed every Tuesday from 10 am to 12 noon on Wednesday for maintenance)
- Anahola Beach Park (closed every Thursday from 10 am to 12 noon on Friday for maintenance)
- Hanamaulu Beach Park :THIS PARK IS CLOSED FOR CAMPING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, IT IS OPEN FOR DAY USE ONLY FROM 6:00AM TO 10:00PM DAILY. GATES ARE LOCKED FROM 10:00PM TO 6:00AM DAILY.
- Salt Pond Park (closed every Tuesday from 10 am to 12 noon Wednesday for maintenance)
- Lucy Wright Park (closed every Monday from 10 am to 12 noon Tuesday for maintenance)
- Lydgate Park Camp Ground (closed every Tuesday from 10 am to 12 noon Thursday for maintenance)
Camping permit fees for the above listed camp grounds, excluding Lydgate Park Camp Ground (see Lydgate Camp Ground pricing below), are $3.00 per adult, per night for non-residents and free for residents of the State of Hawaii who can show proof of residency that they have lived in the State of Hawaii for a minimum of two hundred (200) consecutive days. Children 17 years of age and younger are also free and must camp with at least one adult 18 years of age or older. Please download application form and instruction sheet below. DO NOT MAIL IN CASH!
|MAIL COMPLETED CAMPING APPLICATION FORMS TO THE ADDRESS BELOW:
|DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION
PARK PERMITS SECTION
4444 RICE STREET, SUITE 105, MOʻIKEHA BUILDING
LIHUʻE, KAUAʻI, HAWAIʻI, 96766
NO PERMITS ISSUED AT THIS LOCATION, SEE BELOW FOR PERMITTING LOCATIONS IN LIHUʻE AND AROUND THE ISLAND
FOR GENERAL INFORMATION
Phone: 808-241-4463, Fax: 808-241-5126