COUNTY OF KAUAI - WIRELESS NETWORK SERVICE
The County is providing the Service on an "as is" and "as available" basis, with no warranties whatsoever. The Service is subject to unavailability, and may be interrupted, monitored, refused, limited or curtailed. In no event will the County be liable for any damages associated with your use of the Service. You assume all responsibility and risk associated with your use of the Service.
You may not use the Service for any purpose that is unlawful, or in any manner that could damage our property or others' property. You may not use the Service in any way that interferes with, harms or disrupts our system or other users.
You acknowledge that the Service is not inherently secure, and you understand that wireless communications can be intercepted by equipment and software designed for that purpose. The County is not liable to you or any other party for any lack of privacy or security you experience while using the Service.
The Internet is subject to malicious or harmful content, and contains materials that you may find objectionable or offensive. Parents or guardians are responsible for monitoring any use of the Service by minors under their supervision. You accept sole responsibility for evaluating the accuracy, appropriateness, completeness, and usefulness of all content and information accessed while using the Service.
You agree that the County has the right, but not the obligation, to block or remove (in whole or in part) any communications and materials transmitted through the Service that in our sole discretion may violate applicable law, a third party's rights, or that are otherwise inappropriate or unacceptable. You also agree that the County, has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor, intercept and disclose any transmissions made using the Service, and to provide use records, and related information under certain circumstances, such as response to lawful process, orders, warrants or subpoenas, or to protect our rights, property and users.
Examples of inappropriate or illegal activities include, without limitation, the following:
- modifying, adapting, translating, or reverse engineering any portion of this Service;
- reselling, renting, sharing or distributing any aspect of this Service;
- attempting to break security, access, tamper with or use any unauthorized parts of this Service or any third party devices, accounts, equipment or networks;
- removing any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on this Service;
- attempting to collect or maintain any information about other users of this Service (including usernames and/or email addresses) or other third parties for unauthorized purposes;
- logging onto this Service under false or fraudulent pretenses;
- creating or transmitting unwanted electronic communications such as “spam,” or chain letters to other users or otherwise interfering with other users’ enjoyment of this Service;
- using this Service to transfer technology, software or other materials in violation of applicable export laws and regulations;
- transmitting content that falsely expresses or implies that it is sponsored or endorsed by the County, that infringes, misappropriates or violates the intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other proprietary rights of any party, or that is defamatory, unlawful or promotes or encourages illegal activity;
- transmitting any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature;
- using this Service to advertise, solicit, transmit, store, post, display or otherwise make available obscene or indecent images or other materials; or
- using this Service for any unlawful, harassing, abusive, criminal or fraudulent purpose.
Inappropriate or illegal activities, such as those listed above, may result in the termination of your use of this Service, and/or may subject you to criminal prosecution. The County reserves the right to terminate your use of this Service, at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.
County of Kauai staff are not permitted to assist users of the Service with their personal device connectivity issues or with making changes to their personal devices. Users of personal devices should refer to their owner's manuals or other support services offered by their respective device manufacturer.