3/11/2014 4:27:11 PM - Sex offender receives ten-year prison sentence
- LĪHU'E – Justin K. Espinueva, age 30 of Hanamaulu, was sentenced Tuesday to 10 years in prison for a pair of sexual assault cases dating back to 2006 and 2007.
3/11/2014 2:51:51 PM - Update on aircraft crash in Polihale
- POLIHALE – Firefighters have recovered the bodies of the pilot and passenger involved in Tuesday’s aircraft crash in Waiakamoo Valley in Polihale.
3/11/2014 10:42:26 AM - Rescuers confirm two fatalities in ultralight crash
- POLIHALE – The Kaua‘i Fire Department has confirmed that Tuesday morning’s ultralight crash resulted in two fatalities. Originally believed to be located in Kokee, officials are now describing the crash site as Waiakamoo Valley in Polihale, below Kokee.
3/11/2014 9:29:32 AM - Ultralight crashes in Kokee Valley; Rescuers confirm at least one fatality
- KOKE’E – Rescue officials have confirmed that an ultralight crash that occurred in Kokee this morning has resulted in at least one fatality.
3/10/2014 4:13:27 PM - Kaua'i Bus changes to take effect March 17
- LĪHU'E – To address the issue of overcrowded buses during peak times, The Kaua‘i Bus will be expanding its services starting next week.
3/10/2014 3:41:07 PM - Mayor’s State of the County address set for March 17
- LĪHU‘E – The public is invited to attend Mayor Bernard Carvalho, Jr.’s State of the County address on Monday, March 17. The event will begin at 8:30 a.m. at the Līhu'e Civic Center, Mo’ikeha courtyard. In the presentation, the mayor will provide an overview of his fiscal year 2015 budget submittal.
3/10/2014 1:13:28 PM - Committee on the Status of Women celebrates Women’s History Month
- LĪHU‘E – In recognition of March being Women’s History Month, the Kaua‘i County Committee on the Status of Women (CSW) will host a special presentation by U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard. The event will be held at the Kaua‘i Museum on Wednesday, March 19 from 6 to 8 p.m.