5/17/2013 2:21:58 PM - Jury finds Hilario guilty of gun, drug charges
- LIHUE – On Thursday, May 16, Vicente Kote Kapika Hilario, age 26 of Anahola, was found guilty after a jury trial of two Counts of Place to Keep Pistol or Revolver, two counts of Carrying or Possessing a Loaded Firearm on a Public Highway, Promoting a Dangerous Drug in the Second Degree, and Promoting a Dangerous Drug in the Third Degree. The jury deliberated less than two hours after hearing three days of testimony.
5/16/2013 10:12:28 AM - Firefighters respond to Koloa house fire
- KOLOA –Firefighters responded to a house fire that broke out overnight on Mana Hema Place in Koloa.
5/15/2013 8:54:42 AM - Water outage scheduled for Kapaa - Waipouli customers
WAIPOULI – The Department of Water (DOW) has scheduled a water outage for customers in the Kapa‘a – Waipouli area on Thursday, May 16, from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning.
5/15/2013 8:51:01 AM - Water Department schedules public meetings
LĪHU'E -- The Department of Water (DOW) announced that it will hold public informational meetings around the island to discuss the Kahili Horizontal Directional-Drilled (HDD) Well & Energy Savings Project.
5/14/2013 1:54:16 PM - Better Choices, Better Health offers upcoming workshop
- LĪHU‘E – The Agency on Elderly Affairs invites seniors to an upcoming workshop as part of the Better Choices, Better Health workshop series.
5/13/2013 5:14:38 PM - Group of local males locate missing hiker after she spends two nights in Kokee Valley
- KOKEE – Missing hiker Pam Wilcox Dohrman, age 72 of Hanalei, was located Monday morning off the Kaluapuhi Trail after spending two nights in the valley with little food and water.
5/13/2013 3:47:00 PM - Two-car crash causes lane closure on Kaumuali‘i Highway, injuries reported
- KIPU – The westbound lane of Kaumuali‘i Highway, near mile marker 5 in Kīpū, was closed for roughly an hour following a two-car collision Monday afternoon.
5/13/2013 2:22:18 PM - KAUA‘I COUNTY COUNCIL MAKES THE KAUA‘I COUNTY CODE AVAILABLE ONLINE
- LĪHU‘E, HAWAI‘I: In an effort to increase transparency and reduce the use of paper, the Kaua‘i County Council, through the Office of the County Clerk, has made the recently codified version of the Kaua‘i County Code 1987, as amended (KCC), available on the Council’s Website.
5/13/2013 2:05:02 PM - Electronic items accepted for recycling at May event, monthly collections to begin in June
- LĪHU‘E – Kaua'i residents and businesses will now be able to recycle their electronic waste every month free of charge.
5/13/2013 12:49:43 PM - Missing Kaua'i hiker found alive Monday in good health
- KOKEE – Missing hiker Pam Wilcox Dohrman, age 72 of Hanalei, was located Monday morning off the Kaluapuhi Trail in Kokee.
5/13/2013 11:35:38 AM - One-day closure of Hanapēpē Bridge scheduled for Friday
- HANAPĒPĒ – The Department of Public Works has scheduled a one-day closure of the old Hanapēpē Bridge on Friday, May 17, from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
5/13/2013 11:07:54 AM - Green waste temporarily not accepted at Hanalei transfer station
- HANALEI – The Hanalei refuse transfer station is temporarily not accepting green waste due to muddy conditions.
5/12/2013 9:42:03 PM - Search turns up no sign of missing hiker