Life's Choices Kauaʻi offers effective substance abuse prevention strategies, education, and programs that are school and community based, including:
- Coordinated Activities for National Awareness Months
- Town Hall Meetings and activities for National Alcohol Awareness Month (April)
- Annual Drug Summit (October)
- A Resource Center online
- Professional Development & Other Trainings
- Ongoing Community Needs Assessment
- “Shattered Dreams” (every 15 minutes) – High School Mock Alcohol Related Crash, Memorial & Retreat
- School & Community Presentations – for request, please call 241-4925 or email email@example.com
- Grant Funding for Community Programs
- Technical Assistance to Subcontractors – Education provided to Sub-contractors or grant recipients to address an identified need.
- Communities Mobilizing for Change on Alcohol (CMCA) Activities – CMCA is a nationally recognized model program that utilizes successful community-organizing and environmental prevention strategies to reduce youth access to alcohol. CMCA employs a range of strategies that lead to changes in policies and practices—including addressing legal, social, institutional, and health issues and altering norms and practices related to underage drinking. Our CMCA efforts on Kauaʻi are youth led and supported by adults. Each High School has youth leaders known as KaWise Leaders that participate in this Environmental Strategy.