To maintain COUNTY of KAUAI roadways in a manner that will safely convey vehicular and pedestrian traffic. To maintain major drainage facilities. To provide county wide support with equipment and labor.
- To make County roadways and bridges safe for public use.
- To anticipate and address road, bridge and drainage needs.
- To make the best and most efficient use of the Division's resources.
- To improve internal and public communication.
- To instill pride in the jobs that we perform.
- Roadway pavement repairs
- Replace faded roadway striping, crosswalks, markings
- Road sign & traffic safety devices, installation, repair, & replacement
- Hanapepe Levee & Waimea Levee maintenance
- Bridge repair & maintenance
- Supports the County's Solid Waste Division & Dept. of Parks and Recreation on a regular basis and other agencies on an as needed basis.
- Storm drain maintenance
Report Issue to Roads Division
- Vegetation on Roadway
- Overgrown Grass
- Sign Knocked Down
- Sign Missing
- Dead Animal in Roadway
- Blocked Drain
Click Here to Report Issue to Roads Division
Road Resurfacing and Bridge Map
The Public Works Department's Road Resurfacing and Bridge Status Map tracks the progress made for our Island Wide Road Resurfacing projects. This map can be used to view the projects' location and costs along with the condition of bridges throughout the county. Motorists can use this map to navigate to specific areas within the county, search for information on a specific road, and plan their routes around potential traffic delays.
Click Here to Access the Map Click Here to Access the Map
County of Kauai
Department of Public Works
Road Construction & Maintenance
4444 Rice Street, Suite 275
Lihue, Hawaii 96766
Hours of Operation
7:45 am - 4:30 pm
6:30 am - 2:30 pm
Monday thru Friday, except state and county holidays, and furlough days.
State of Hawaii Roads, Kauai District
Contact the State of Hawaii, Department of Transportation, Kauai District Office at (808) 241-3000 for more detailed information regarding these State of Hawaii roads
- Ahukini Rd.
- Halewili Rd.
- Kapule Hwy.
- Kaumualii Hwy.
- Kokee Rd. (Route 550)
- Kuamoo Rd.
- Kuhio Hwy.
- Maalo Rd.
- Nawiliwili Rd.
- Temporary Kapaa Bypass Road (Route 5600)
- Waialo Rd.
- Waimea Canyon Dr. (Route 550)