How Do I Get Started?
You begin by submitting a Building Permit Application.
Please complete the on-line application (Found on our main webpage) or pick up a paper form at the Building Division office.
- Read our Building Permits Minimum Requirements document, including plan drawing examples appendix. Also read the Owner-Builders in Hawaii: A Guide to State Regulations.
- Complete Permit Application Checklist (Residential / Commercial).
- Properly complete a Building Permit Application
- Properly complete a Building Contractor's Statement
- Properly complete a Zoning Permit Application (must pick up at the Planning Department and submit to their office)
Important: There are a few things that must be completed correctly to ensure successful application submittal.
- Tax Map Key (TMK) must be correct. See our TMK 101 document for instructions for providing a correct tax map key.
- For electronic submittals, please refer to the Electronic Plan Review information page to reference the applicant guide and much more!
Other Useful Material: