NOTE: Applicable to any person who served in any of the uniformed services of the United States and was discharged under conditions other than dishonorable.
- DD Form 214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) The Defense Department issues to each veteran a DD-214, identifying the Veteran's condition of discharge – honorable, general, other than honorable, dishonorable or bad conduct. Before January 1, 1950, several similar forms were used by the military services, including the WD AGO 53, WD AGO 55, WD AGO 53-55, NAVPERS 553, NAVMC 78PD, and the NAVCG 553.
- WD AGO 53-55 (Enlisted Record and Report of Separation Honorable Discharge)
- NAVPERS 553 (Notice of Separation from U.S. Naval Service)
- NAVMC 78PD (U.S. Marine Corps Report of Separation)
- NAVCG 553 (Notice of Separation from U.S. Coast Guard)
- NGB Form 22 (National Guard Report of Separation from Active Duty)
- DD Form 217 (Certificate of Service)
- Official Military Orders
- Discharge Certificate
- Military Retired ID Card (DD Form 2 Retired)
- Veterans Health ID Card (VHIC)
- Verification letter issued by the Veterans Administration
- Verification letter issued by the Office of Veteran Services
If you're unable to produce any of the proper documentation, may contact the State of Hawaii Office of Veterans Services who will research their case and provide a Verification Letter if they qualify for the veteran status.
Tripler Army Medical Center
459 Patterson Road
E-Wing, Room 1-A103
Honolulu, HI 96819-1522
PH: (808) 433-0420
Applicants requiring a DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge, or other Military Documents to verify Veteran and Military eligibility status may go to Veterans' Military Service Records web site and follow the steps outlined for either an online application request or follow procedures to print, populate, and mail out a Standard Form (SF) 180 request.
You may also contact the following:
- National Personnel Records Center: (314) 801-0800
- Hawaii State Office of Veterans Services at (808) 433-0420, Tripler Army Medical Center,
459 Patterson Road, E-Wing, Room 1-A103, Honolulu, HI 96819-1522